In Ontario, there are rules and laws that protect workers. Halton Community Legal Services can provide advice and assistance to employees about their rights and responsibilities in the workplace.
We can help with:
- Unpaid wages
- Wrongful dismissal and termination
- Constructive dismissal
- Breaks, vacation, and public holiday pay
- Harassment and violence
- Accommodation requests due to human rights (including disabilities such as mental health)
- Employment insurance
- Quitting your job
- Workplace safety
- Termination pay or notice and severance pay
- Overtime and hours of work
If you are having problems with your employment and need assistance with understanding your legal rights, we may be able to help. We can advise on employments standards, workplace safety, and human rights under the laws of Ontario.