Public Legal Education
Understanding your legal rights is often the first step in being able to exercise them.
Public legal education helps by providing people with clear explanations about their legal rights and obligations in an effort to make the law more accessible and easy to understand.
Halton Community Legal Services along with our partner organizations work to provide public legal education workshops by request on topics including:
- Housing (Tenant) Rights
- First Time Renters Workshop for Youth
- Worker’s Rights (Employment Law)
- Human Rights and Discrimination
- Making Plans in Advance – Wills and Powers of Attorney
- Social Assistance and Public Benefits
- Introduction to the Canadian Legal System
- The Canadian Experience Barrier – Discrimination and Racism
- Police Powers
- and more!
If you are seeking a workshop on another topic, we are happy to discuss whether we can meet your needs.